1. Who Can Join Jamii Sacco Society?
- Any person can join Jamii Sacco from all the segments of the market including:
- Public Service employees.
- Other Goverment Ministries and Parastals
- Employees of Jamii Sacco Society
- Goverment Institutions/Parastatals such as: Kenya National Library Services, WEF
- Employees in Private Companies and NGO’s
- Self –Employed Individuals
- Self-Help Registered Groups and Community Based Organizations.
2. How do I become a member of Jamii Sacco Society?
Fill in membership forms that can either be downloaded from our website or can be obtained from our offices or from the delegates at every county.
- Attach a Copy of the National Identity Card and a passport size photograph.
- Entrance fee Kshs. 1,000
- Minimum Monthly Contributions currently Kshs. 2000 and Kshs. 200 being Jamii Benovolent Fund Monthly.
- Share Capital of Kshs. 6,000 initial deposit of Kshs. 1,000 and Kshs. 500 for the next 10 months
3. What are the Benefits of being a Member of Jamii Sacco Society?
- Attractive dividends on shares and Interest on deposits
- Competitive Interest Rates on special deposit account and other Savings Accounts
- High savings will qualify for bigger Loans
- High savings need less gurantors to secure personal loans
- Access to Short and Long Term loans with competitive Interest Rates
- Access to variety of savings accounts tailor made to your needs such as: Holiday Account,Childrens Acounts,Retirement Accounts
4. When was Jamii Sacco Society Established
Established in 1972 by the Civil Servants of the Department of Social Services.
It has established its Headquarter Offices at Mariakani South ‘B’, Nairobi worth valued at over Kshs.50 million. The property houses the staff and all the Society assets. Any extra space is rented out to tenants to earn extra income.
5. What is Jamii Sacco Benovelent Fund?
This Fund ensures that member savings and loans are insured in event of death or permanent total disability. In the event of death of a member or total permanent disability,the deposits are doubled and the outstanding Loans are cleared by the insurance. The Fund also pays for the members Funeral expenses currently up to Kshs 35,000 and also covers only one nominated next of kin in event of death for a similar amount.
6. What do I require to open a FOSA Savings Account at Jamii Sacco Society?
- Proper Identification documents ( National ID card or Passport)
- Passport size photo to be taken upon opening of the Account
- Opening Balance of Kshs 1,000
7. What are the Benefits of operating a FOSA?
- Facility for banking
- Facility for payment of all loans, refunds, dividends etc
- Facility for Savings and Advances
- Generates extra revenues for the Sacco
- Contributes to overall performance of the Sacco.
- Can access funds beyond working hours by use of Mobile Banking and the SACCO link ATM card.
9. What are Deposits?
This are monthly savings made to the sacco by its members and is non –withdrawableexcept in complete termination of membership or upon death.
12. How much do I need to save to acquire a loan with Jamii Sacco?
After 6 months of saving with the Sacco the member is entiled to a variety of loan products eg Development,School Fees,Term,Express and Emergency loans which are granted 3 times of the member Deposits/savings while loans like scholar, super scholar and Jaza loans are granted 4 times while Jiinue loan is 5 times of the deposits.Fosa Flex and Mshahara loans is for members whose salary passes through the FOSA.
13. What security is needed to acquire a loan?
The Securities required include: Gurantors(who should be payroll based members of the sacco) Plot Title deeds( Urban plots), Car log books, Other securities include regular remittances such as: Monthly Savings Pension, Fixed deposit Accounts and Various savings accounts.
14. How long will my loan application take before disbursement?
Apart from Normal,Jiinue,Jaza and Term loan that are processed within 48 hours, the other products such as School Fees,, Emergency are disbursed within 24 hours upon submitting the loan application forms. The loan disbursment options are through Electronic Funds Transffer(EFT) M-PESA,Bankers Cheques,RTGS may be issued. All members are encouraged to open FOSA accounts to access their funds easily with flexibility.
15. Can I transfer my deposits to another member?
Yes, all a member needs to do is to instruct the society in writing to transfer the deposits to another person.
16. Can I continue with my membership as an individual member after leaving the organization I work for?
Yes, what you need to do is place a standing order for both deposit and loan repayment.
17. Can I pay extra amounts outside payroll?
You can pay extra contributions/ Loan repayments using M-SACCO/ MPESA Pay bill or Bank deposits.
18. Can I boost my deposits and take a loan immediately?
Yes, you can boost your deposits and apply for a loan immediately; this applies to existing members only.
19. Can I transfer my deposits from another Sacco to Jamii Sacco? What are the benefits?
One can transfer his deposits from another Sacco to Jamii SACCO. A member who does so is treated as an existing member upon joining the Sacco and can apply for a loan immediately.
20. Can I offset my deposits against my loan?
A member is only allowed to offset his deposits against his loans if he is ceasing to be a member. He must then pay off the loan balance immediately if any. Offsets are only done when a member has asked those he has guaranteed to seek for guarantor replacements.
21. What channels can I use to repay for my Loan/ Deposits?
- Through Check off system –deduction by the employer.
- Bank Standing Order
- Cash Payment through the FOSA or Society’s Bank Account at Co-operative Bank of Kenya.
- M-pesa Pay bill number 532200
22. How can I withdraw from the SACCO?
- Give a written notice of 60 days
- Withdrawal is subject to clearance of all sacco liabilities
23.Who owns Jamii Sacco?
Jamii Sacco Society is owned by the Members
24. What is the assurance of the SACCO’s stability and what measures has Jamii Sacco put in place to ensure it remains stable?
The Board and Management are managing the Sacco as per the Co-operative socities ACT,Rules and Sacco By –Laws. The sacco has implemented the use of good Corporate Governance and Code of Ethics hence stability is guranteed.The Sacco holds AGM’S yearly where reports and accounts are presented to the members. The SACCO is also licensed by SASRA as a Deposit Taking SACCO hence its regulated by the goverment.
For more details contact the Marketing Manager or Member Care:
Mobile: 0704-914143/0718-006820/ 0715-961545
Fax: 020 -552523
P.O Box 57929 – 00200 Nairobi